DAN DAN's cozy place

Rantings of a non playing poker player.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Virgin Festival (And team Daily Punt)



Here is some of team TDP.

Oh dear I forgot I should update my blog with my Festival antics. Better late than never I suppose.

Okay here's my sketchy run down of my weekend.I wasn't happy at the start as a few EMS players kept letting me know they knew what I had but I steadily built up my stack regardless.

Main event highlight was calling a raise with 66 for the flop to bring a 6. Called a raise all-in and took out AA. I played reasonably well but never went massively ahead so it's always a struggle and the need to shove seems to creep up on you a lot. I remember calling a short stacked all-in with KQh but his pair held up. I eventually blinded away as I wanted to hang in there for as long as I could, after telling myself I wouldn't do that again.

In the Forum challenge I went out with AQd against 34d who got a 3 and a 4. Rej and Jez did us proud though, both winning. Ed, well he is going without privilages for quite some time to come for his first hand all-in.

We went back to the hotel at about 4am after a detour round half of Newcastle, think Ed would still have been wandering the streets if I hadn't been there. There was no naked in the corridor incidents this time round but I did have to stop him peeing in the wardrobe twice.

Day 2 had me playing in the Terminator, £30 buy-in and everyone has a bounty on their head. 150 runners and I finished 20th. I took one bounty. I was doing really well in this tourney then I made the fateful mistake of raising to steal the blinds and then seeing that UTG had already called or raised before me so he then went all-in. I had to fold as I had A4, it was quite funny because Jez thought he had seen my hand and was telling Ed I had aces. Their faces were classic when I then folded. A couple of hands later I went all-in with KJ and was called by AQ and out I went.

Meeting everyone was brilliant, I'm not going to do all the name checks, everyone I met was brand new. I drank coupious amounts of stella and was drugged all weekend on pain killers for a sore shoulder so many parts of the weekend are very sketchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
free web counters
Staples Office Supplies